Android phones have taken over the world of smartphones. Only a small percentage of smartphones are different; namely, the iOS device and the Windows device are those which seek to be different although not too great an extent. Now, to keep your phone functioning properly and more importantly, smoothly it has to have regular monitoring and tune-ups so that junk files and cache are cleared, background processes are killed and unnecessary apps deleted. An inability to undertake this operation may result in the phone slowing down and crashing. Do not worry though as there are apps that will help you resolve these problems but there are millions of them which may confuse you as to which one is the most appropriate one for you and your Android device.
Top 5 Speed Boosters for Android:
- Clean Master– It is the king of all the cleaning apps available right now on the Google Play Store. It is an all-in-one app that consists of cleaning tools, maintenance tools as well as optimizers. Like all cleaning apps, it kills background processes, clears cache, removes junk and optimizes performance. It also delivers notifications on your phone if device memory is low or the RAM needs a boost. It has a blue and white interface which is pleasant to look at and appears with a broom icon at the top left corner of the screen. It also has a broom animation for boosting RAM which zooms from the bottom towards the top of the phone screen. It takes up about 15-20 MB depending on the device.
- Advanced Task Manager- This app comes second on the list and is as good as the Clean Master. It performs all the functions that a cleaner is supposed to do. It kills useless processes, clears cache and junk and optimizes. It has some special features like force stop option which forces an app to close and the startup kill which prevents software from launching automatically after the phone switches on. It also has a feature which kills all processes as soon as the screen goes dark. It has a black background. It takes up about 4 MB space varying for different devices.
- Cleaning Master– This app is new on the block and is already creating waves mainly due to the paltry 2 MB it consumes but the same amount of work it accomplishes like all the others. It features a green background. It comes with a Network Booster along with the usual services. Another USP of this app is that it is compatible with all devices with Android version 2.3 or above.
- Booster for Android- This app is also known as the Android Booster app and has been developed by renown tech giant NQ Mobile Security. It is very easy on the memory but not as easy as Cleaning Master. It takes about 4 MB space. It is, however, similar to Cleaning Master as it supports devices having Android version 2.3 or above. It also has a very useful antivirus and the UI is very simple and efficient.
- App Cache Cleaner- This app is the last on the list but in no way is it inferior to the others. Needless to say, this Android companion will help keep your phone up and running smoothly. It has one feature that is very useful. On tapping and holding any app icon a pop-up list appears through which you can share the app with your friends, see it on the Google Play Store directly, uninstall applications with cached files and show application details page. It now has lesser ads and features an introduction screen for new users. it takes up 3 MB space and requires Android 4.0 or above.