Hey 3OH!3, You’re Not Funny
I’m surprised it’s taken me this long to talk about Current TV. For those of you who don’t know, Current TV “is an award-winning multiplatform company dedicated to the in-depth investigation and exploration of the world’s most important, interesting, and entertaining stories.” I’ve also been told by Primero Vicente Pantalones, who lives near the Current TV offices in San Fransisco, that the station is owned by Al Gore.
If Donnybrook was a television show, it would be InfoMania. InfoMania is a “satirical news show” which focuses on “chewing up the week’s media so we can regurgitate it, half-digested, into your mouth.” It’s brilliantly hosted by Conor Knighton, with segments including: Editorial from Ben Hoffman; Modern Lady by Erin Gibson; That’s Gay by Bryan Safi; and Viral Video Film School by Brett Erlich (who also co-hosts hilariously biting film criticism on The Rotten Tomatoes Show, along with Ellen Fox). However, it is the man with the awesome name of Sergio Cilli who really keeps bringing me back to this show.
Sergio started off doing Sergio Cilli’s White Hot Top 5 where he counts down the top (insert catagory) videos on MTV or iTunes. However, he has now switched his focus from criticizing bad artists, to trying to help them get better through his Musical Interventions. So far he has held interventions for Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Ke$ha and Snoop Dogg, but it was the recent intervention for Colorado’s own terrible export, 3OH!3. See the video below.
- Lady Gaga Please Stop! You’re Ruining Our Children: infoMania Sneak Peek (current.com)
- Interview: InfoMania’s Bryan Safi on Satirical Comedy, Activism, and (gasp!) Gays at Prom (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Bryan Safi: HAPPY GAY NEW YEAR! (huffingtonpost.com)
- Is Al Gore’s TV Network Ransacking the Online Division? (gawker.com)
- Sunday Funnies: Homo-Cidal Maniacs & More Bryan Safi Hilarity! (bilerico.com)
- Internet TV More Popular Than 3-D TV (newteevee.com)