The UMS 2010: A Visual Retrospective
It takes a year to make a four-day weekend unforgettable.
The 10th Anniversary of the (Denver Post) Underground Music Festival was no less than a success. The UMS is the optimum and most advantageous place for Denver’s music community to band-together and saturate Broadway’s venues, store fronts, parking lots, sidewalks and rooftops with the sweet sounds of music.
Spectacle would hardly describe the 345 performances that took place this year. With new additions like the Lucha Libre Mexican Wrestling, our mid-day Burlesque breaks, sword-swallowers, 70+ new local bands, and 30+ new Nationals - the UMS is a fixture and an established demonstration of what prevails in Denver’s music scene.
Many thanks goes out to our staff and volunteers to keep the show running, and hats-off to the performers for their contributions and their music. Of course though, the reason we all show up is for the fans. We could not have done it without you.
In the following pictures you will see a bit of all of this: fans, performers, staff and spectacle!
- July Greeblepix Winner! Congrats to… (greeblemonkey.com)
- Angora Holly Polo: The Problem of Leisure: Special UMS 2010 Edition (Part 4) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Everyone In This Year’s UMS (godonnybrook.com)
- Hot Town, Summer In The City (godonnybrook.com)
- The Underground Music Showcase Announces Final Lineup Including Flobots, Machine Gun Blues, Hoots & Hellmouth, and More for 10th Anniversary (prweb.com)