World’s Largest Ukelele Lesson with Denver’s Most Fuckable Rockstar
1:00 pm at Ruby Hill Park
Some ukuleles will be provided courtesy of Swallow Hill Music, but if you have your own uke, please come show it off! (Help us beat the current record of 851 strumming ukes.) It’s also the 10th anniversary celebration of Denver Urban Gardens, so bring a picnic and stay for the day.
- 11: am Groundbreaking w/ Mayor Hickenlooper
- 12:00 pm Chef’s Competition
- 1:00pm World’s Largest Uke Lesson
- 1:45 Mono Verde
- 2:45 Justin Roberts
- 4:00 Lucy Kaplansky
- 5:00 Patty Larkin
Denver’s Most Fuckable Rockstar
(by Ivy Goldberg Esq, 09/14/10)
WARNING: This week’s Denver’s Most F***able Rockstar looks young. Like, it’s-a-felony-to-even-type-this young. But don’t worry, we’ve been assured by her handlers that she is of the age to be flattered instead of creeped out by Donnybrook’s, ahem, affections.
First, can I just say that this band is the most aptly named band I’ve ever heard- just hearing their name you can practically… (Read More…)
Album download available. Name-your-price. Help spread the word.
Much love and deformed balloon animals,
Ukulele Loki’s Gadabout Orchestra
- Denver-Based Music Association Attempting to Break World Record for Largest Ukulele Lesson, Calling for Public Participation (prweb.com)
- Lizzie from Ukelele Loki’s Gadabout Orchestra (godonnybrook.com)
- Everyone In This Year’s UMS (godonnybrook.com)
- The uke will set you free (sfgate.com)
- Radiohead hits covered on ukelele: Amanda Palmer (boingboing.net)